Yonkers Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When you visit a doctor in Yonkers, New York, you put your life their hands. You should not have to worry about a health care provider breaching a duty of care and injuring you, but unfortunately, understaffed hospitals and negligent practitioners can lead to patient injuries and deaths. If you believe you or a loved one is the victim of medical malpractice, contact our medical malpractice attorneys in Yonkers for a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Yonkers Medical Malpractice Attorneys?
- We believe in the relationships we build with clients, Westchester County judges, medical experts and even our adversaries. These relationships allow us to build stronger cases.
- We are aggressive trial attorneys who have successfully litigated countless personal and medical injury cases throughout New York.
- We understand medical malpractice law and how to maximize client results. Our attorneys have collected millions of dollars for clients in prior cases.
Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Claim?
Medical malpractice can describe any action or omission by someone in the health care field that another reasonable and prudent doctor would not commit in the same circumstances. If a doctor is guilty of ignoring the medical industry’s standards of care or carelessly infringing upon a patient’s rights, that doctor can be held accountable for malpractice, and required to pay for any related damages. Many different mistakes, errors and violations could lead to malpractice lawsuits in Yonkers.
Some examples of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Miscommunications or mistakes during surgery
- Wrong patient, wrong site or wrong surgery
- Retained foreign objects after a surgery
- Premature patient discharge
- Labor and delivery injuries
- Medication prescription or administration errors
- Emergency room malpractice
Medical malpractice comes in many shapes and forms. To find out if you have a case, request a free consultation at our local Yonkers office. We will listen to your story and give you our professional advice on whether you have grounds for a claim. If you do have grounds, we can help you demand maximum compensation from the negligent medical professional.
Is There a Filing Deadline in New York?
The statute of limitations is New York’s deadline on bringing claims. If you have all the elements necessary for a medical malpractice claim, you must bring your cause of action within no more than two and half years. The clock will start counting down on either the date of the wrongful action or the last date that you treated with the particular doctor.
Compensation Available for Medical Injury
If you or your medical malpractice attorney can demonstrate that a health care provider breached his or her duty of care and caused your injuries, that provider or the hospital may have to reimburse you for related damages. A successful medical injury claim in New York can result in compensation for a patient’s past and future medical bills, lost wages, disability costs, travel expenses, legal fees, pain and suffering damages, emotional distress, and other losses. The types of damages you can request on your medical malpractice claim depend on the specific circumstances. Our attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can evaluate your case during a free consultation and help you through the process.
Contact Our Yonkers Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
Our attorneys are passionate about bringing negligent health care providers to justice and helping the person who was wronged recover fully. We will treat you with respect and care as our client, guiding and supporting you through the legal process from start to finish. Contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP today to schedule a free consultation in Yonkers. Call (914) 993-0393 or tell us about your case online.