Yonkers Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice incident or another personal injury incident caused by someone else’s negligence, you need capable legal support. The personal injury lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP are here to help with every aspect of your claim. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case review.
Why Choose Fiedler Deutsch, LLP for Your Yonkers Personal Injury Lawyer
Many clients have chosen Fiedler Deutsch, LLP because of our:
- Personal attention – Our partners personally handle each and every case. You will never feel that you are not important. You are represented by a lawyer with extensive knowledge and experience.
- Experience – Our partners have over 50 years of combined legal experience we leverage on your case.
- Respect from the legal community – Our attorneys have consistently been listed in notable legal organizations, including New York’s Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers of America, and Best Law Firms in America by S. News and World Report.
- Client reviews – Our former clients have left us beaming reviews due to their high degree of satisfaction with our results and communication.
- Results – We have successfully recovered over $250 million for our clients.
If you were injured in an accident and would like to learn more about how our firm can help, call us at (914) 993-0393 or contact us online.
Types of Personal Injury Claims Our Yonkers Lawyers Handle
Our Yonkers personal injury lawyers take on various types of personal injury cases, including:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Our lawyers competently handle all types of motor vehicle accidents including Yonkers car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bus accidents. Most car accidents are caused by the negligence of other drivers, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield
- Following too closely
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running stop lights or stop signs
New York property owners must maintain their properties in a safe condition that does not pose a danger to visitors. When someone slips and falls or is otherwise injured on the property, they may be entitled to compensation for the harm they have suffered. Examples of premises liability claims include:
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Slips and falls
- Falling object accidents
- Building fires
- Injuries caused by poor building maintenance
In some situations, people are injured by third parties due to negligent security.
To recover compensation in a premises liability claim, the victim must show that the property owner knew about or should have known about the dangerous condition, failed to take appropriate action to remedy the problem, and the victim was injured as a result.
Construction sites are a common site in New York. However, never-ending construction and tight deadlines mean that construction accidents are also common. Our lawyers help construction site accident victims who have been injured in:
- Construction site ladder accidents
- Crane accidents
- Elevator injuries
- Forklift injuries
- Jobsite amputations
- Scaffolding accidents
Our team can investigate what factors contributed to the accident, such as lack of protective equipment or lack of safety training, and help hold them accountable.
You entrust doctors and other healthcare providers with your health and life. When a doctor fails to follow accepted standards of care and you are injured as a result, you have a right to pursue compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose a condition
- Delay in diagnosis
- Medication mistakes
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical mistakes
- Birth injuries
Medical malpractice cases are quite complex. Many rely on having a medical expert explain the applicable medical standard, how the healthcare provider deviated from that standard, and how the patient was harmed. Our team has a network of experts we can call on to help establish your claim.
Nursing Home Abuse/Bedsores
When you trust your loved one to the care of a nursing home, the last thing you expect is for them to be mistreated. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse is far too common due to nursing homes failing to properly vet employees, maintain adequate staff numbers, and monitor their patients. Staffing issues can also lead to neglect, including allowing bedsores to develop on patients, a sign that patients have not been properly turned or moved.
Our firm works closely with personal injury victims who have suffered serious injuries, such as:
- Birth injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
In the most serious personal injury cases, there is nothing that can be done to make things right because the victim has died. In these situations, the law allows a person’s loved ones to file a civil claim to seek compensation for the economic and non-economic losses they have suffered due to the death. While no amount of money can ever make the situation right, a wrongful death claim may help ease some of the financial burden.
What to Do If You Were Injured in an Accident in Yonkers
If you were injured in an accident in Yonkers, there are steps that you should take to protect your health and your claim, including:
- Report the accident to authorities – For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you can call 911. If you slipped and fell on the property, report this to the property owner or manager.
- Get necessary information – This may include the other driver’s or property owner’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Document the scene – Most accident scenes will quickly be cleaned up, so you might want to try to take pictures of the conditions that might have contributed to the accident and your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses – Ask any witnesses who saw the accident for their contact information so your lawyer can call them later for a statement.
- Seek medical attention – Receive medical attention as soon as possible to get your injuries diagnosed and create a paper trail that connects the accident and your injuries.
- Talk to a personal injury lawyer – A Yonkers personal injury lawyer can explain if you have cause for a personal injury claim and give you a better idea about the potential compensation you might be entitled to.
Contact a Yonkers Personal Injury Lawyer for Help with Your Personal Injury Claim
If you were hurt in a personal injury incident, the Yonkers personal injury lawyers with Fiedler Deutsch, LLP want to help you recover the compensation you are due. Contact us today for a free case review.