Nursing Home Abuse/Bedsores Lawyer
Entrusting your loved one to a nursing home or long-term care facility is not an easy decision. It is a decision your family likely made after careful consideration and researching the options in your community. The last thing you want to discover is that the facility you chose is intentionally or negligently harming your loved one. If you suspect nursing home abuse, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP for a free consultation right away. Our lawyers in New York can help you protect your loved one’s rights.
Why Hire Us?
- Our attorneys have a relentless work ethic that results in maximum compensation for our clients. We use an exhaustive, no-stone-goes-unturned approach to personal injury law.
- Our lead lawyers, Duane Fiedler and Adam Deutsch, are distinguished attorneys who bring their expertise and their productive sense of urgency to each case they litigate.
- Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for its clients. We have over 50 years of combined experience in nursing home abuse law.
What Are Bedsores?
Bedsores are a type of skin ulcer that forms from too much pressure against one part of the body. A buildup of pressure in one area, such as the tailbone, shoulder blades, or back of the head, can decrease blood flow and damage or kill the skin cells in that area. This can lead to painful sores that, if left untreated, can affect the deep tissues, muscles and bone.
Bedsores are a common sign of nursing home abuse and neglect. They are preventable when a nursing home or long term care center sticks to a schedule for turning the resident before the the buildup of too much pressure begins in any one area of the body. Failing to do so is an act of negligence and a violation of your rights as a nursing home resident under New York law. If your loved one has a bedsore, it may be a sign that the nursing home is not taking proper care of its residents and neglecting your loved one. To investigate the issue further, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP immediately.
What Are Other Signs of Nursing Home Abuse?
A bedsore is not the only proof of nursing home abuse or neglect. Visit your loved one often to keep an eye on their conditions. Talk to your loved one about the conditions he or she experiences at the facility. Show up unexpectedly a few times to see what the facility is like when they are not anticipating visitors. Look for signs of nursing home abuse and neglect.
Some signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Disorderly or unkempt residents
- Poor personal hygiene
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Frequent unexplained injuries
- Serious injuries, such as broken bones
- Signs of sexual assault, such as sexually transmitted diseases
- Behavioral changes, such as sudden depression or withdrawal
- Guilty or ashamed feelings
- Appearing afraid of certain staff members
- Overall mental or physical health decline
Nursing home abuse can be physical, emotional, sexual or financial. Someone at the nursing home may be intentionally abusing your loved one or unintentionally neglecting him or her. Either way, it is not okay. Take immediate action the moment you suspect nursing home abuse. Report the issue right away to the nursing home administration and bring your relative to a hospital for medical care. Then, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP to discuss a potential injury claim.
Contact Our New York Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Today
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we help the elderly in our community and their families by providing legal services for nursing home cases. If your loved one developed a bedsore, infection, illness, or had an injury due to suspected neglect or abuse at a nursing home, our attorneys can help. Our attorneys are available anytime for a free consultation about your case: (914) 993 – 0393.