Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyer
When someone else’s negligence harms you, you have the right to expect financial recovery. However, many times, wrongdoers try to evade liability and their duty to fairly compensate you. When this happens, it is important that you call upon a qualified legal representative for help.
The Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP are here for you. Contact us today for a free case review.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Mount Vernon, New York
Our law firm represents clients in all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents – We handle all types of motor vehicle accidents from typical car accident cases to bus and truck accidents, to motorcycle accidents in Mount Vernon. Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of harm in Mount Vernon, and our Mount Vernon car accident lawyers are here to help you.
- Premises liability – New York property owners are required to maintain their premises in a safe condition. If they expose visitors to hazards like exposed electrical wiring, poor lighting, dangerous dogs, broken stair rails, slippery floors, or cluttered walkways and a visitor is injured, the property owner may be financially responsible for the harm they’ve suffered.
- Construction accidents – Construction sites contain many hazards, such as heights, falling objects, and live wires. If you were injured as a worker or passerby, you may have a right to financial compensation from the party or parties responsible for maintaining the construction site.
- Medical malpractice – Unfortunately, healthcare providers do not always provide patients with the level of care they deserve. If they violate the standard of care, a Mount Vernon medical malpractice claim may be brought against the provider.
- Wrongful death – A wrongful death claim in Mount Vernon may be filed if someone dies as a result of another person’s negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct. Our lawyers can help you during this difficult time.
Common Injuries in Mount Vernon Personal Injury Accidents
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we work with clients who have sustained a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and complex factors
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Severe burn injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
These injuries are painful and expensive. You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Our personal injury lawyers are here to make sure the negligent party properly compensates you for the injuries you have sustained.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Recover in a Mount Vernon Personal Injury Accident
If you were injured in a personal injury incident, you may be wondering about what type of compensation you may be able to receive to get your life back on track after a personal injury. Depending on the circumstances, you might be entitled to compensation for:
Medical expenses are often one of the most expensive costs that follow a personal injury. You may be able to receive compensation for:
- Emergency room visits
- Hospital stays
- Doctor visits
- Physical therapy
Under New York’s personal injury laws, you have the right to pursue compensation for your past and future losses. For example, you can pursue compensation for the wages you lost while you were off work, as well as any employment benefits you had to use. Additionally, you can recover compensation for a reduction in your earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working.
You can also recover compensation for the cost to repair or replace property that was damaged in the accident.
Pain and Suffering
New York’s personal injury laws allow you to pursue compensation for non-economic damages you suffer like:
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Emotional trauma
- Mental suffering
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover wrongful death damages which cover the economic and non-economic losses you suffer, such as:
- Burial costs
- Funeral expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
In very rare circumstances, accident victims may be able to recover punitive damages. These damages are not intended to compensate the accident victim like other types of damages are. Instead, they are meant to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar. They are reserved for cases in which the defendant acted with gross negligence or intentionally.
Factors that May Affect the Value of Your Claim
There are various factors that can affect the potential value of your claim, such as:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The length of your recovery
- The type of medical treatment you went through
- The number of parties responsible for your accident
- The degree of the defendant’s liability
- Whether you contributed to the accident
- Insurance coverage available
- Whether you are represented by competent legal counsel
A Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer can evaluate your case and determine the potential value of your claim.
How a Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyer Can Assist You with Your Claim
If you were injured in a personal injury incident, a Mount Vernon lawyer from our personal injury law firm can help you with your case by:
- Investigating the accident and identifying all parties who are liable for the accident
- Gathering all relevant evidence to show how the accident occurred and the damages you suffered, such as accident reports, photos, videos, medical records, and witness statements
- Advising you of your legal rights throughout the process
- Accounting for the full value of your claim
- Working with your doctors to understand how your injuries affect your life
- Negotiating for maximum compensation for your claim
Contact Us Today for Help with Your Claim
If you need a personal injury lawyer following a slip and fall, motor vehicle accident, or other personal injury incident, Fiedler Deutsch, LLP are here to help. We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience helping people like you obtain the compensation they deserve. For your free case review, call us at (914) 993-0393 or contact us online.