New Rochelle Personal Injury Lawyer
Fiedler Deutsch, LLP’s partners have more than 50 years of combined legal experience. Our firm has been recognized by local, state, and national awards, a testament to our commitment to zealous client advocacy and results. If you were seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, contact us today for a free consultation.
How a New Rochelle Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
New York law provides the right for injury victims to pursue fair compensation if another’s negligence caused their injuries. A New Rochelle personal injury lawyers can help with this process by:
- Investigating the accident and all potentially liable parties
- Professionally assessing your claim
- Obtaining evidence to prove liability in your claim and prove your damages
- Calculating the fair value of your claim
- Answering any questions you have and advising you of your legal options
- Gathering photos or videos taken of the accident scene, witness statements, accident reports, and other relevant evidence
- Ensuring you receive the medical treatment you need
- Handling communication with other parties or insurance companies
- Negotiating a fair settlement for your claim
If you were injured in an accident and would like to know if you have a viable personal injury claim, call us at (914) 993-0393 or contact us online.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in New Rochelle, New York
Our New Rochelle accident lawyers have over five decades of combined legal experience representing clients in all types of cases, including:
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
Our firm is dedicated to helping you during this difficult time. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Injuries in New Rochelle Personal Injury Accident
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we work with clients who have sustained a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and complex factors
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Severe burn injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
After an accident, you need to concentrate on your health and recovery. Our lawyers are prepared to handle all aspects of your claim. Get in touch today to learn more about how we can help and the compensation to which you might be entitled.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Recover in a New Rochelle Personal Injury Accident
If you were injured in a personal injury incident, you may be entitled to compensation for the economic losses and non-economic losses you suffered. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills – High medical bills often follow a personal injury. However, you may be able to recover compensation to pay for hospital and doctor visits, diagnostic tests, occupational and physical therapy, rehabilitation, medication, medical devices, and future medical treatment.
- Lost income – If an injury causes you to miss work, you can pursue compensation for the lost wages you suffered while you were unable to work. Additionally, if the injury caused you to switch jobs or become disabled, you can seek compensation for your lost or reduced earning capacity.
- Property damage – You can pursue compensation for any property damage you suffered, such as damage to your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering – The law recognizes that not all types of damages are easy to quantify but that accident victims still have a right to recover them. For example, you may have suffered pain that interferes with your enjoyment of life.
- Emotional distress – Some accidents cause considerable psychological trauma, including shock, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, or depression. You can pursue compensation for these negative consequences.
- Funeral and burial expenses – In wrongful death cases, you may be able to recover compensation to pay for your loved one’s burial and funeral expenses.
You can find out about the potential value of your claim by contacting our personal injury lawyers in New Rochelle today.
Should I Settle My Claim or File a Lawsuit?
If you were injured in an accident, you may be anxious to recover compensation to help cover medical bills and lost wages. However, you do not want to settle your claim too quickly because once you settle, you cannot pursue any further compensation even if you discover you were injured more than you thought or have unexpected expenses related to the accident.
A New Rochelle personal injury lawyer can help you prepare your claim and negotiate for maximum compensation. Your lawyer can advise whether you should accept an offer or pursue compensation by filing a lawsuit. Most personal injury claims do resolve themselves through settlement. However, insurance companies might not take the matter seriously until a lawsuit is filed. Nonetheless, this does not prevent you from settling your claim some time after you file a lawsuit.
An experienced New Rochelle personal injury lawyer can advise you about the best way to resolve your claim that is tailored to your particular situation.
Time Limit for Filing Your New Rochelle Personal Injury Case
New York has statutes of limitations that limit the amount of time you can file certain types of lawsuits. The deadline depends on the type of claim you have. For example, the filing deadline for the following claims is:
- Bodily injury claim – three years
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress – one year
- Unintentional infliction of emotional distress – three years
- Product liability – three years
- Medical malpractice – two and a half years
If you fail to file your personal injury case before this timeline expires, the court can dismiss your claim. Because your time is limited, it is important you reach out to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact a New Rochelle Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you need a personal injury lawyer following a slip and fall, motor vehicle accident, or other personal injury incident, connect with Fiedler Deutsch, LLP today. We offer a free case review to explain your legal rights and options. Contact us today to get started.