Westchester Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, trust our experienced Westchester motorcycle accident attorney to be your advocate. We will fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. Arrange a free consultation today by calling (914) 993-0393 or sending us a message online.
Why Choose Us?
- Our team of attorneys has recovered millions in compensation for our clients.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be a daunting task. We will handle all legal aspects and alleviate the stress of the claims process.
- Our litigation team has a proven track record of success and is prepared to relentlessly fight for your rights in court.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can be invaluable in helping you secure the compensation you deserve. From conducting a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the accident to gathering critical evidence, they will work diligently to build a solid case on your behalf.
A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer can handle all communication with the insurance company, including negotiations, so you receive maximum compensation. If a fair settlement is not possible, a White plains personal injury lawyer will use their trial experience to zealously fight for your rights in court.
Who is At Fault for a Motorcycle Accident?
Liability for a motorcycle accident is determined on a case by case basis, requiring careful examination of its cause. However, here are some key considerations:
- Negligence: If one party is found to have acted negligently and that negligence contributed to the accident, they may be liable. This could include actions such as speeding, failure to yield, distracted driving, or other violations of traffic laws. It is essential to establish who had the right of way, who was following traffic laws, and who was responsible for any unsafe actions leading up to the accident.
- Vehicle Defects: If the accident resulted from a defect in the motorcycle or another vehicle involved, the manufacturer or entity responsible for maintenance may be liable.
- Road Conditions: Poor road conditions, inadequate signage, or construction hazards can contribute to accidents. If the accident occurred due to these factors, the government agency responsible for maintaining the road may be partially or entirely liable.
- Third-Party Liability: In some cases, liability may extend to a third party. For example, if an intoxicated driver caused the accident, a third party, such as a bar or establishment that served them alcohol, could be liable.
Since New York is a no-fault insurance state, you must file a claim with your own insurance company to cover your medical bills and property damage up to policy limits, regardless of who was at fault.
However, if your injuries qualify as serious under state law, you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party for further compensation, such as losses your insurer does not cover and pain and suffering.
Contact Us Today
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, don’t navigate the legal complexities alone. Arrange a free consultation with our trusted Westchester motorcycle accident lawyer today by calling (914) 993-0393 or messaging us online.