Westchester County Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can be particularly devastating due to their size and weight that can be as much as 30 times more than a car accident in Westchester County. Victims often lose their lives or suffer significant injuries. If you have been involved or lost a loved one in a serious truck accident in Westchester County, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP. We offer free consultations; call (914) 993-0393 today so we may discuss your case.
Why Choose Our Westchester County Truck Accident Lawyers?
- Our Westchester County personal injury lawyers have over 50 years of combined experience advocating for truck accident victims.
- We have the resources and professional connections to obtain the best outcome for your case.
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims in New York.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
After a potentially life-altering truck accident, a lawyer can assist you by handling your injury claim for you. They will advocate for you when speaking to the at-fault party’s team of attorneys and their insurance company. An insurer’s goal is to settle for as little money as possible, and sometimes, it is not possible to negotiate a fair settlement. If that is the case, your attorney can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. An experienced Westchester County truck accident lawyer will be familiar with what it takes to build a strong case and win. This will include gathering critical evidence before it disappears, working with expert witnesses, and establishing that the truck driver is legally at fault for your accident.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are commonly caused by:
- Insufficient driver training
- Poor maintenance of trucks
- Aggressive and reckless driving
- Overweight, dangerous, or incorrectly secured cargo
- Reckless driving
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Bad road conditions
- Overinflated or underinflated tires
- Mechanical defects
- Weather conditions or poor visibility
Some truck accidents are entirely preventable. When a trucker, their company, or another party’s negligence is to blame, then you have the right to compensation for your losses.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, there may be multiple parties responsible, including:
The Truck Driver
If the truck driver’s negligence led to an accident, they might be liable for damages. For instance, deliberately driving while distracted or under the influence, intentionally violating federal hours-of-service regulations, etc.
The Trucking Company
A trucking company might be liable if their negligence contributed to an accident. For example, hiring an inexperienced driver, failing to schedule regular inspections for their vehicles, etc.
The Loading Companies
Cargo loading companies can be held responsible if they fail to ensure a truck is loaded correctly and it results in a collision. If cargo is not secure or loaded unevenly, a subsequent cargo shift can lead to an accident.
Available Damages Following a Truck Accident
After a serious truck accident, you may be qualified to recover compensation for:
- Medical Expenses: The medical care and treatment for a serious injury can be extremely costly and may involve hospitalizations, surgeries, rehabilitation, and future care.
- Lost Wages: Including income from missing work while you recover, as well as the wages you expect to lose in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: This compensation is for intangible losses, such as physical pain, psychological harm, or loss of quality of life caused by the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In some instances of serious wrongdoing, punitive damages may be awarded as a punishment to the at-fault party.
Contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP Today
If you need help from an experienced Westchester County truck accident attorney, contact us online or call (914) 993-0393 for a free consultation in Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, White Plains, Peekskill, Rye or anywhere else in New York.