Yonkers Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you have lost a loved one in a preventable accident due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, to speak to a skilled wrongful death lawyer in a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Yonkers Wrongful Death Lawyer?
- We have successfully recovered millions in compensation for our clients in New York.
- Our Yonkers personal injury success is based on decades of experience and the personal attention we devote to each wrongful death case.
- We understand the severity of these cases and will never charge an upfront fee. We only get paid if you do.
How a Yonkers Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help Your Case
During this extremely trying time for your family, you should not have to bear the burden of dealing with an insurance company alone. A Yonkers wrongful death attorney will understand and know the state laws applicable to wrongful death cases and frequently work with insurance companies to negotiate fair settlements. They will have your family’s best interests in mind and will aggressively fight to ensure the wrongful party is held responsible, and you are awarded compensation that accurately reflects your losses.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit arise from a large variety of fatal and preventable accidents. However, our Yonkers wrongful death attorneys commonly represent families who have lost loved ones in:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Incidents of medical malpractice in Yonkers
- Nursing home incidents
A Yonkers wrongful death attorney will help you gather the necessary evidence to use as grounds for filing the claim and as proof of liability.
Available Compensation in a Yonkers Wrongful Death Claim
Damages may be awarded to a surviving family who pursues a wrongful death claim. “Damages” refers to the compensation recovered due to a legal wrong committed by another party. The types of compensation awarded will vary based on the circumstances of each case but often include:
- Medical bills related to the death;
- Funeral, cremation, or burial costs;
- Loss of the victim’s expected wages;
- Loss of benefits;
- Reduction in the inheritance suffered by surviving children;
- Loss of parental guidance;
- Loss of support and services that the victim provided, such as childcare;
- Loss of society, companionship, comfort, guidance, and advice.
- Conscious pain and suffering the deceased endured due to their injuries; and,
- Interest on top of the damages awarded, which are calculated from the date of death.
In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded to punish the defendant (at-fault party) if their actions were malicious or egregious.
Speak to a Trusted Wrongful Death Attorney in Yonkers
Our Yonkers wrongful death lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP care about the loss of your loved one and your family’s suffering. We will help you hold the wrongful party accountable and ensure you receive justice. To arrange a free consultation so we may discuss your case and legal options, call (914) 993-0393 or send us a message online today.