Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can cause serious injuries and negatively impact a family’s finances. Rather than using this information to help accident victims, insurance companies often take advantage of it by trying to undercut the value of a claim. If you or a loved one was injured by the careless acts of another driver, turn to Fiedler Deutsch, LLP. Our Mount Vernon car accident lawyers can investigate your claim and work to secure fair compensation on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more about your legal options.
Should I Work with the Insurance Company to Resolve My Car Accident Claim?
It is important to understand that insurance companies and claimants often have competing interests. You want to collect as much compensation as possible to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other accident-related losses. The insurance company wants to minimize any payouts to claimants to protect its bottom line. Insurance adjusters work for the insurance company, not you. By hiring a lawyer, you can ensure that someone is actively looking after your interests. The Mount Vernon car accident lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP are ready to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Can We Help with Your Mount Vernon Car Accident Claim?
If you were injured in a car accident in Mount Vernon, you need to be able to focus on your recovery. You can trust our Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers to:
- Launch a thorough investigation to determine all the factors and parties that contributed to your accident
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Ensure that you receive the medical care you need
- Negotiate aggressively for fair compensation in your case
- Evaluating any settlement offers to determine whether they fairly compensate you for your losses
Common Car Accident Injuries in Mount Vernon
Every car accident case is different. The injuries people suffer in car accidents depend on a number of factors, including their location in the vehicle, the vehicles involved in the crash, the vehicles’ speeds, and the human bodies involved. Some of the most common car accident injuries people suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Concussions and open head wounds
- Neck or back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
- Psychological trauma
These injuries can be expensive to treat, which is why we strive to obtain maximum recovery for our clients.
Can I Sue the At-Fault Driver?
New York uses a no-fault insurance system that requires accident victims to first turn to their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance if they are injured in a car accident. These benefits pay for medical expenses, partial lost wages, and some incidental expenses that follow car accidents. However, many times, these benefits are insufficient to fairly compensate accident victims for the harm they have suffered. New York allows accident victims to pursue full compensation from the at-fault party if they suffer a “serious injury” as defined under state law.
If you suffer a serious injury, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault party for the full value of:
- Your medical bills
- Medical treatment that you reasonably anticipate needed in the future
- All of your lost wages
- Lost future earning potential if the accident caused you to suffer disabilities or injuries that prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
How Much Is My Mount Vernon Car Accident Claim Worth?
Every accident claim is different. Each involves unique factors that can affect the value of the claim, such as:
- Injuries suffered – The actual injuries you suffered can have a significant impact on the potential value of your claim. Generally, the more severe the injury, the more valuable your accident claim is.
- Parties involved – If more parties were involved in the accident, additional compensation may be available through the negligent parties’ insurance companies.
- Insurance – Most car accident claims are resolved through an insurance settlement. The insurance company can settle claims up to the amount of the insurance coverage.
- Your own liability – If you were partially responsible for the accident, your compensation can be reduced by your degree of negligence.
- Effectiveness of legal representation – Car accident claims are generally resolved for a higher amount when you have experienced legal counsel than if you try to handle the claim yourself.
A skilled Mount Vernon car accident attorney can evaluate the circumstances involved in your claim and give you a better idea about its potential value. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
What Evidence Will Be Used in My Mount Vernon Car Accident Claim?
Our experienced Mount Vernon car accident attorneys will work to gather evidence to prove the other driver’s carelessness and the damages you have suffered. We may use evidence such as:
- Accident reports prepared by law enforcement officers as part of an official investigation, as well as reports from accident reconstruction experts who can use objective data to reconstruct how the accident may have occurred
- Pictures or videos of the accident, the scene of the accident, skid marks, damage to the vehicles, and other factors that may help show how the accident may have occurred
- Traffic citations, cell phone records, and medical records that may help show how the accident occurred
- Statements you and the other driver made at the accident scene, as well as statements from objective witnesses
- Medical records that show the injuries you have suffered, your prognosis, and the medical treatments you may require in the future
- Medical bills and receipts that show how much you have paid and will pay for your medical care
- Car repair estimates
- Pay stubs and tax returns that show how much money you lost in wages and income
Contact Our Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyers for Help with Your Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, you can turn to the Mount Vernon car accident lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can help. We have over 50 years of legal experience aggressively advocating for accident victims. Contact us today for a free case consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.