New Rochelle Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When a doctor or other medical professional causes a preventable injury or illness, it can be grounds for a New Rochelle medical malpractice case. If you believe you have been the victim of medical negligence, contact Fiedler Deutsch to schedule a free consultation. Reach us online or call (914) 993-0393 today.
Why Choose Our New Rochelle Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
- We devote extensive time and personalized attention to each medical malpractice case.
- We have a proven track record of success in complicated cases and have recovered millions in compensation for our clients.
- As experienced New Rochelle personal injury lawyers, we are not afraid to take a claim to court to get the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need a New Rochelle Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Winning a medical malpractice case will often involve exhaustive efforts to investigate and gather critical evidence of medical negligence. That may include:
- Obtaining medical records and documents;
- Interviewing and deposing witnesses;
- Hiring medical experts; and more.
Doctors, hospitals, and other medical professionals, and their insurance companies, will likely have a team of lawyers to fight aggressively on their behalf. Their goal is to keep their record free of settlement or court awards due to medical negligence.
Hiring a knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyer to represent you will be critical. They will have the resources to help you build a strong case and hold the wrongful party accountable.
What is Considered Medical Malpractice in New Rochelle?
Any negligent act or omission by a medical provider that results in serious injury, or wrongful death to a patient is considered medical malpractice. Common acts of medical negligence that give rise to medical malpractice claims in New Rochelle include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a condition (e.g., cancer or a heart condition).
- Surgical errors— a procedure performed on the wrong body part, leaving surgical equipment inside the patient, etc.
- Birth injuries—physical injury to a baby or mother during pregnancy, childbirth, or postpartum, or failing to recognize fetal distress.
- Medication errors—being prescribed the incorrect medication or the wrong dosage.
These are only a few examples of the many types of medical malpractice that can occur.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a New Rochelle Medical Malpractice Claim?
If a medical professional’s negligence led to an injury or illness, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. The types of compensation you may be entitled to include;
- Medical expenses: Any current and future costs related to the care and treatment for the illness or injury caused by the provider’s negligence.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the current and future missed time from work while recovering.
- Diminished Earning Capacity: If your injury or illness interferes with your ability to earn wages in the future by either leaving you unable to work or forcing you into a different line of work.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for your physical pain and any emotional distress. Examples of emotional distress are depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If your injury or illness has impacted your quality of life and leaves you unable to do things you were able to do before.
- Disability or Disfigurement: If the injury or illness caused a permanent impairment or disfigurement.
- Loss of Consortium: A spouse can recover this type of compensation for the loss of marital benefits, such as affection, companionship, or sexual relations.
The court may also award punitive damages if the case involves a healthcare provider who exhibited gross negligence.
Speak With a New Rochelle Medical Malpractice Attorney
We can help you hold the medical professional who harmed you or your loved one accountable. To speak with one of our accomplished New Rochelle accident attorneys, call (914) 993-0393 or contact us online today.