White Plains Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we are passionate about protecting the rights of the elderly. We go to great lengths to investigate potential cases of nursing home abuse and neglect, as well as to hold responsible nursing homes accountable. If you believe your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in White Plains, New York, do not hesitate to contact us. Our White Plains nursing home abuse attorneys offer free initial consultations so you can learn more about your loved one’s rights at no financial risk.
Why Clients Choose Fiedler Deutsch, LLP
- We bring a sense of urgency to every case we work on. We use highly qualified experts, paired with a relentless work ethic, to obtain the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- With 50 years of combined experience, we will leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice and compensation.
- We devote personal time and attention to all of our clients. We know how devastating nursing home abuse can be. We are here for you and your family during your time of need.
How Our White Plains Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Can Help
Going up against a nursing home or long-term living facility in New York is not easy without representation. Insurance companies often use tactics, such as denying valid claims, to avoid paying large settlements. The White Plains personal injury attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, however, are experienced in holding the right facilities and companies liable for acts of neglect or abuse that cause injuries such as bedsores and infections. You will have the best odds of holding someone accountable for your loved one’s injuries after you hire an attorney in White Plains.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
All nursing homes have a legal responsibility to care for the physical and mental well-being of their residents. The failure to meet this duty of care is called negligence. Nursing home abuse is when someone intentionally harms an assisted living facility resident rather than unintentionally causing harm through neglect. There are four main types of nursing home abuse:
- Physical abuse, which involves intentionally harming an elderly person through physical assaults, such as punching or kicking a nursing home resident. In severe cases, this can cause an elderly person their life. In that case, you would qualify for a wrongful death claim in White Plains.
- Mental or emotional abuse, which involves harming a resident psychologically through the use of verbal or emotional abuse, such as berating a senior citizen or putting him or her in isolation.
- Sexual abuse, which involves sexually assaulting a vulnerable and defenseless nursing home resident. Any sexual contact between an employee and a resident constitutes sexual abuse.
- Financial abuse, which involves exploitation, can refer to a perpetrator taking advantage of an elderly person to scam him or her out of money, property or assets.
Aside from abuse, nursing home residents in White Plains can also suffer from neglect. Neglect is the failure to meet a rest home resident’s basic needs. It can refer to the careless failure of a medical provider or an assisted living facility staff member to change an adult diaper, feed or give water to a resident, provide emergency care, or look out for the resident’s other interests.
What Are Bedsores? Why Are They a Sign of Neglect?
Bedsores are a painful type of ulcer that can impact all layers of skin as well as the underlying muscles, tendons and bones, in severe cases. It stems from consistent pressure against a single point on the body, often from an immobile person sitting in a wheelchair or lying in bed for long periods. Bedsores are preventable with regular turning schedules, in which nursing home staff members reposition immobile residents to prevent a buildup of pressure. This is why the presence of bedsores often points to nursing home neglect.
Contact Our White Plains Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Today
If you have reason to believe that a nursing home in White Plains, New York is abusing or neglecting your elderly loved one, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP for a free legal consultation. We care about our community’s elderly population and bringing unsafe nursing homes to justice. Our Westchester County personal injury lawyers can help your family file a claim to damages. Call (914) 993-0393 or contact us online today.