How to Get Medical Records in Hudson Valley
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), you have the right to access your medical records. Reviewing and obtaining copies of your hospital records in Hudson Valley, New York can be integral for your medical malpractice claim. If you believe a doctor in the area wronged you and wish to file a claim against that practitioner for compensation, contact the attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP. We are here to help you through the process.
Why Hire Us?
- We believe relationships matter, and our relationships with clients come first. You will never be just a case number at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP.
- We use the best experts in the medical field to support our cases.
- We can guide you through the entire claims process, from gathering copies of your medical records to negotiating with an insurance company for maximum compensation.
Why Would You Need Your Medical Records?
A medical malpractice claim is a civil lawsuit that seeks compensation from a health care provider for negligently or carelessly failing to provide the accepted level of patient care. If you believe your recent injury or illness came from medical malpractice, you have the right to file a civil claim against the at-fault doctor or health care center. Before the courts will grant you compensation for your injuries, you or your attorney will need to provide evidence of malpractice. A common form of evidence is the injured patient’s medical records.
Your medical records could show signs of malpractice. An in-depth analysis of your medical history at a hospital could expose mistakes such as a doctor’s failure to order the correct type of diagnostic test. Collecting copies of your hospital records could allow you or your attorney to pinpoint the act of malpractice that caused your injury. Hospital records could also serve as important documentation of medical malpractice for a judge or jury.
Contact Numbers for Hospitals in the Hudson Valley
According to HIPAA, you have full access to the health care system that contains your electronic medical records. HIPAA gave every patient in the United States the legal right to collect copies of treatment plans, prescriptions, x-rays, test results, lab reports, billing information and invoices, and any other type of medical record in the patient’s file. To obtain copies of your hospital records in the Hudson Valley, contact the hospital for information on its specific process.
- Albany Medical Center: (518) 262-3125
- Burke Rehabilitation Hospital: (914) 597-2500
- Columbia Memorial Hospital: (518) 828-7601
- MidHudson Regional Hospital: (845) 483-5000
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital: (212) 312-5000
- Northern Westchester Hospital: (914) 666-1200
- NYU Langone Internal Medicine at Hudson Valley: (845) 528-1898
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center: (914) 366-3000
- Samaritan Hospital: (518) 271-3300
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center: (845) 454-8500
- Westchester Heart & Vascular: (914) 909-6900
- White Plains Hospital: (914) 681-0600
At most hospitals, you will need to fill out a written office request form at the hospital or doctor’s office that has your medical records. If the hospital does not offer this form, write a letter requesting access instead. Note that you will only be able to obtain copies of hospital records as the patient, the parent or guardian of a patient under the age of 18, someone with power of attorney over the patient, the doctor or the hospital.
How Can an Attorney Help?
Make obtaining your hospital records in the Hudson Valley easier by hiring an attorney. Giving your lawyer permission to access your medical records could take this burden off of your shoulders. You can focus on healing from the act of medical malpractice that gave you the injury while your lawyer handles evidence collection.
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we represent clients during all types of medical malpractice lawsuits in the State of New York. We understand the rights given to patients by HIPAA and how to obtain copies of medical records for our clients from local hospitals in the Hudson Valley. Contact us anytime for a free consultation. Request yours online or call (914) 993-0393. We are here for you.