New Rochelle Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, our dedicated team of New Rochelle Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers understands the profound impact such injuries can have on a person’s life. We are committed to helping our clients navigate the legal complexities associated with these cases and ensure they recover the compensation they deserve. To arrange a free consultation today, call (914) 993-0393 or message us online.
Why Choose Us?
- With a proven track record of success, our New Rochelle traumatic brain injury lawyers will fight for maximum compensation.
- Our team provides compassionate guidance and unwavering support throughout the legal process.
- We recognize that every traumatic brain injury case is unique. Our lawyers take the time to listen to your story, assess your situation, and develop a tailored legal strategy that aligns with your needs and goals.
Why You Need a Lawyer for Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be a life-altering event that impacts your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. While you may be focused on your recovery, seeking legal representation from a qualified TBI lawyer can significantly benefit your case in the following ways:
TBI cases involve complex legal and medical aspects. A skilled TBI lawyer has the legal expertise to navigate the intricacies of the legal system, ensuring that your rights are protected and your case is handled appropriately.
Understanding of TBI
A lawyer will have a comprehensive understanding of TBIs, including their causes, symptoms, and potential long-term effects. This knowledge is crucial for building a solid case that is supported by medical evidence and expert opinions.
Successful TBI cases require a thorough collection of evidence to establish liability and damages, and a lawyer has the resources to gather it.
Identifying who is responsible for your TBI can be complex. Whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice, or workplace incident, a TBI lawyer can investigate the circumstances and determine who should be held accountable.
TBIs often lead to significant medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A lawyer can accurately calculate the full extent of your damages, including your future needs, to ensure you receive adequate compensation.
Skilled TBI lawyers are experienced negotiators who can engage with insurance companies and opposing parties to reach favorable settlements. They know how to advocate for your best interests and avoid less than fair offers.
While many cases settle out of court, some may require litigation. A TBI lawyer with trial experience is prepared to take your case to court if negotiations fail, providing you with strong representation in front of a judge and jury.
Peace of Mind
Dealing with legal matters on top of recovering from a TBI can be overwhelming. Having a lawyer by your side allows you to focus on healing while they handle the legal complexities.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
The following are common causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) that often lead to New Rochelle personal injury cases:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Pedestrian, motorcycle, bicycle, and car accidents in New Rochelle are significant contributors to TBIs. The force of impact during a collision can cause the head to hit the steering wheel, dashboard, windshield, or other objects.
Slip and Fall Accidents
When individuals slip, trip, or fall and hit their heads on hard surfaces, it can lead to serious head injuries.
Contact sports such as football, soccer, and hockey can lead to TBIs due to collisions, falls, and impacts. Even non-contact sports like gymnastics and cheerleading carry a risk of head injuries.
Industries such as construction, manufacturing, and other physically demanding jobs have a higher risk of causing TBIs—for instance, due to falls from heights, being struck by objects, and machinery accidents.
Surgical errors, birth injuries, anesthesia complications, and other medical negligence can lead to TBIs.
Physical assaults, such as fights and attacks, can result in intentional head trauma that leads to TBIs. These cases may involve criminal charges and civil personal injury claims.
Defective products such as helmets, safety gear, and even vehicles can fail to provide adequate protection during accidents, increasing the risk of TBIs.
Types of Compensation Available
In traumatic brain injury (TBI) claims, several types of compensation, also known as damages, may be available:
- Medical Expenses: This includes compensation for current and future medical costs related to the TBI. It covers hospitalization, surgeries, medications, doctor’s visits, rehabilitation therapy, assistive devices, and any other necessary medical treatments.
- Lost Wages: If the TBI prevents you from working temporarily or permanently, you may be entitled to compensation for the income you have lost or will lose as a result of the injury.
- Diminished Earning Capacity: If your TBI impairs your ability to earn income at the same level as before the injury, compensation may be awarded for the reduction in future earning potential.
- Property Damage: If the accident resulting in a TBI caused any property damage (e.g., a car accident), compensation for its repair or replacement can be pursued.
- Pain and Suffering: This compensates you for the physical suffering and discomfort caused by the TBI and its aftermath. It includes both the immediate pain and any ongoing suffering.
- Emotional Distress: Emotional distress compensation covers psychological and emotional harm resulting from the TBI, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health issues.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If the TBI has significantly diminished your ability to participate in activities you once enjoyed, you may receive compensation for the loss of quality of life.
- Loss of Consortium: This type of compensation is available to spouses or family members for the loss of companionship, emotional support, and intimacy resulting from the TBI.
- Punitive Damages: In cases where the defendant’s (at-fault party’s) actions were particularly egregious or demonstrated gross negligence, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior in the future.
The specific types of compensation that can be recovered depend on each case’s circumstances, the injury’s severity, and the impact it has had on the victim’s life.
Contact Our New Rochelle Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has experienced a traumatic brain injury, do not hesitate to reach out to Fiedler Deutsch, LLP. Our New Rochelle traumatic brain injury lawyer is here to fight for your rights and help you on the path to recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.