New Rochelle Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can be traumatizing events for victims. In addition to suffering serious injuries, car accident victims may also be facing considerable pain and a multitude of expenses. Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can help you through this difficult time. We can discuss your case and legal options during a free case review. Contact us today to learn more about your rights.
Why Choose Fiedler Deutsch, LLP for Help with Your New Rochelle Car Accident Case
Having a lawyer on your side after sustaining a car accident injury can be critical to securing a positive outcome in your case. Some of the reasons we believe you should choose Fiedler Deutsch, LLP for help with your New Rochelle car accident case are:
- Our award-winning and prestigious partners personally handle every personal injury claim
- We have recovered more than $250 million for our clients
- We are available 24/7 and have an unparalleled work ethic
- Our clients receive close personal attention and aggressive advocacy
- We are not afraid to take your case to court if that is the best option for securing fair compensation in your case
- We have been recognized by some of the most influential and prestigious legal organizations and publications
- We have a keen understanding of personal injury law that we leverage to fight for maximum compensation for our clients
- Our well-respected law firm has a network of highly qualified and nationally recognized experts in various fields we can call upon to support your claim
- We have stood up against large corporations and insurance companies time and time again, ending in positive results for our clients
- Our adversaries know that we have the expertise and willingness to take cases through to trial, which often motivates them to make a fair settlement offer that expeditiously resolves the case
How We Can Help with Your Car Accident Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in New Rochelle, our team can quickly get to work to:
- Launch an in-depth investigation to determine all the factors and parties that contributed to your accident
- Obtain evidence to prove liability, including accident reports, photos or videos of the accident, statements from witnesses, and more
- Gather evidence to substantiate your demand for compensation
- Work with medical professionals to evaluate the seriousness of your injuries and the medical treatments you will require in the future
- File all necessary paperwork in your claim
- Negotiate aggressively for a fair resolution of your case
If you were injured in a car accident, you deserve to be fairly compensated for the injuries you suffered. Let us help you with your claim so you can focus on your recovery.
Common Car Accident Injuries in New Rochelle
Every car accident case is different. The injuries people suffer in car accidents depend on a number of factors, including their location in the vehicle, the vehicles involved in the crash, the vehicles’ speeds, and the human bodies involved. Some examples of injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Concussions and open head wounds
- Neck or back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
- Psychological trauma
These injuries can be expensive to treat, which is why we strive to obtain maximum recovery for our clients.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in New Rochelle
Car accidents happen for a variety of reasons, but most commonly due to driver error. Some of the leading causes of collisions in New Rochelle include:
Cell phones, eating, daydreaming, children in the backseat, or following directions can easily take a driver’s focus away from the road. Getting distracted, even if it is only for a split second, can result in a catastrophic accident.
The faster a vehicle is traveling, the longer it takes to stop to avoid an accident, and the more severe the collision will be.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, even prescription medications, can dramatically impair a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely.
Tired drivers are three times more likely to be involved in an accident, as fatigue can impair cognition and performance.
This can be a combination of reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, erratic lane changes, failure to yield the right-of-way, and failure to obey traffic signs and signals. All of which can easily contribute to an accident.
Construction, weather, gravel, dirt roads, or poorly maintained roads can pose a serious threat to drivers.
Damaged or Defective Auto Parts
If only one part of a car is defective or was poorly installed and fails, the entire vehicle can be affected and may lead to a serious crash.
What To Do After a Car Accident in New Rochelle
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic. Although you may feel overwhelmed, staying calm and keeping the following steps in mind is important. Taking them will ensure your health is a priority and will also assist you in recovering compensation:
- Stay at the scene. New York law requires all drivers to remain at the scene of an accident until insurance and contact information is exchanged between parties or the police arrive.
- Call 9-1-1 for medical assistance if you or anyone involved is severely injured.
- If you do not require emergency transportation to a hospital, still notify the police so a report can be created. A police report can significantly impact liability.
- Do not move vehicles or injured persons unless you absolutely must due to safety concerns.
- Try to remain at the scene to take photos or videos of the accident, any vehicle or property damage, your injuries, any debris, dangerous road conditions, etc.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with all drivers involved.
- Speak to any witnesses, ask for their contact information, and if they can make a brief recorded statement on your phone.
- As soon as you leave the scene, seek medical care. Continue any recommended treatment by your doctor.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
You may be able to simply file a claim with your insurer to resolve the case. However, if you suffered severe injuries, speak to a New Rochelle car accident attorney as soon as possible. They can offer advice on your legal options for obtaining full compensation for your injuries.
How New York’s No-Fault Rules Affect Car Accident Claims
New York’s no-fault rules require accident victims to first turn to their own personal injury protection (PIP) benefits for the payment of medical expenses, partial lost wages, and other incidental expenses. However, if you suffer a serious injury as defined by New York law, you may be able to sue outside this system. In New York, a serious injury is any of the following:
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss of pregnancy
- A fracture
- Permanent loss of the use of a body organ, member, function, or system
- Permanent consequential limitation of the use of a body organ or member
- Significant limitation of the use of a body function or system
- A medically determined injury or impairment that is not permanent but prevents the injured person from performing substantially all of their routine daily activities for at least 90 days of the 180 days immediately following the accident
If you suffer one of these injuries, you might be able to file a third-party claim against the at-fault party to recover:
- The full cost of your medical bills
- Costs for medical treatment that is anticipated in the future
- The full amount of your lost wages
- Lost future earning potential if you are unable to work because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged personal property
When you work with a skilled New Rochelle car accident attorney, you can learn the full value of your claim and have an advocate in your corner who will fight for a fair resolution of your claim.
Evidence to Prove Liability in a New Rochelle Car Accident Claim
If you step outside the PIP system, you will need to show the other driver was at fault for the accident. A seasoned New Rochelle car accident lawyer can thoroughly investigate your claim and gather evidence to help establish your claim, such as:
- Accident reports
- Photos or videos
- Medical and employment records
- Witness statements
- Expert witness reports
Time Limit for Filing a New Rochelle Car Accident Lawsuit
Every state has a set time limit by which an injury victim must file a lawsuit in order to preserve their right to compensation following a car accident. This is called the “statute of limitations.” In New York, the general statute of limitations is three years. This means that you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If this deadline passes and you do not take action, the court can permanently bar you from recovering any compensation from the accident.
However, this does not mean that you should wait three years after a car accident to initiate your case. There are situations when the time limit is much shorter, such as if the at-fault party is a municipality or other governmental entity. Additionally, your lawyer will need time to investigate the accident, identify all potential at-fault parties, gather evidence, compute your damages, and negotiate for a fair settlement. Do not hesitate to reach out to a qualified personal injury lawyer following a New Rochelle car accident.
Contact Us for Help with Your New Rochelle Car Accident Claim
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can help. New Rochelle car accident provide a free case review to discuss your legal rights. Contact us to discuss your case.