New Rochelle Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction sites are inherently dangerous, and unfortunately, accidents are a common occurrence. If you or a loved one has been involved in a construction accident, having a qualified and experienced lawyer on your side is essential. Call (914) 993-0393 or send us a message online to arrange a free consultation with our New Rochelle Construction Accident Lawyer today.
Why Hire Our New Rochelle Construction Accident Lawyer?
- Our construction accident lawyers are committed to fighting for the maximum compensation possible for our clients.
- We understand the unique challenges that construction accidents present, and we work tirelessly to investigate each case thoroughly and determine who is responsible for the accident.
- Our New Rochelle personal injury attorneys work closely with construction experts and medical professionals to build strong cases on behalf of our clients.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Construction sites have a high risk of accidents and severe injuries. Some common types of accidents include:
- Falls: Falls are one of the leading causes of construction-related injuries and deaths. They can occur from heights such as ladders, scaffolding, roofs, or elevated work platforms.
- Struck-by accidents: These accidents occur when workers are struck by falling or moving objects such as tools, equipment, or materials. This can happen when materials are not properly secured or when workers are in close proximity to moving machinery.
- Electrical accidents: Workers can come into contact with live wires, faulty electrical systems, or improperly grounded equipment. Electrical accidents can cause severe burns, electrocution, and even wrongful death in New Rochelle.
- Caught-in/between accidents: These accidents occur when a worker is caught or crushed between two objects or is caught in machinery or equipment. Workers can suffer severe injuries, including amputations and death.
- Respiratory illnesses: Workers may develop respiratory problems such as lung cancer, silicosis, and other respiratory diseases due to exposure to dust, fumes, and hazardous chemicals.
- Trench collapses: Workers in trenches or excavations can be buried alive if the walls of the trench or excavation collapse, causing suffocation, asphyxiation, or crushing injuries.
Employers should provide proper training, safety equipment and enforce safety protocols to minimize the risks of workplace injuries.
Types of Compensation Available to Construction Workers Injured in New Rochelle
Injured construction workers may be entitled to several types of compensation, depending on the circumstances of their injury. Here are some of the most common types of compensation available:
Workers injured on the job are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation provides medical care, partial wage replacement, and other benefits such as vocational rehabilitation and disability benefits if they are unable to return to work.
Third-Party Claim Compensation
Workers cannot sue an employer for a work-related injury, but if a third party contributed to their accident, they may be entitled to pursue a personal injury claim for further compensation. A settlement or award can potentially include compensation for medical expenses not covered by workers’ comp, full lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
Contact Our New Rochelle Construction Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been involved in a construction accident, do not hesitate to contact our New Rochelle Accident Lawyers for a free consultation. We can answer any questions you may have and help you understand your legal options.