New York Forklift Injury Attorney
Forklifts are necessary for transporting heavy materials in construction. To operate a forklift safely, a worker needs proper training and protective gear. Every year, forklift injuries such as workers getting caught in or between pieces of equipment cause serious injuries and deaths in New York. If you or a loved one has a serious injury from a forklift accident, contact the lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP to schedule a free legal consultation. We can help you hold someone responsible for your injuries.
Why Clients in New York Choose Fiedler Deutsch, LLP
- We have accomplished outstanding results for clients in all types of catastrophic personal injury cases, including construction and forklift accidents.
- We use our relentless work ethic and nationally recognized experts to win maximum compensation for our clients.
- We believe relationships matter. We put our relationship with you first, but also, know how important it is to have relationships with judges in New York, as well as with subject-matter experts and our adversaries.
Employer Responsibilities in Providing Safe Work Environments
An employer in construction can take specific measures to help prevent forklift injuries. An employer can provide high-quality training in forklift operation and safety protocols as well as maintain a reasonably safe workplace. If an employer fails to fulfill these duties of care, accidents and injuries can occur. Every employer in New York has a responsibility to do what it takes to prevent avoidable forklift injuries.
Some safety and preventive measures include:
- Train employees properly on how to use a forklift.
- Implement rules for lifting and moving loads.
- Engage in appropriate hiring and training procedures.
- Post warning signs regarding known risks.
- Inspect forklifts and equipment regularly for issues.
- Make high-quality forklift repairs, when necessary.
- Enforce consequences for workers who break the rules or engage in horseplay.
- Put protocols in place in case of a forklift emergency.
- Provide adequate protective gear for forklift operators.
You have the right to expect a reasonably safe workplace that is free from hazards, including common hazards associated with forklift operation. At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, it is our mission to bring negligent employers in construction to justice.
Common Forklift Injuries
Forklifts are some of the most dangerous pieces of equipment at construction sites. Although forklifts are invaluable for lifting and moving heavy materials, they are responsible for dozens of deaths and thousands of nonfatal injuries in the US each year. In 2018 alone, accidents involving forklifts caused 85 deaths and 7,940 serious injuries that required days away from work, according to the National Safety Council. Forklifts can pose many injury risks to workers as well as construction site visitors.
Common forklift injuries include:
- Caught-in/between objects and equipment
- Rollover accident injuries
- Contact with a forklift
- Struck-by dropped loads
- Falls from forklifts
- Crush injuries
- Limb amputations
- Bone fractures
- Soft-tissue injuries (sprains, strains and tears)
- Cuts, lacerations and puncture wounds
- Bruises and contusions
- Overexertion and repetitive motion injuries
At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, we represent clients in New York with all types of injuries from forklift accidents at construction sites and other workplaces. We can help you understand your rights within the civil justice system, as well as bring a case against the responsible party. If an employer, product manufacturer or another party reasonably could have prevented your forklift accident, that party may owe you compensation. Discuss your options with our attorneys today.
Request a Free Consultation if You’ve Experienced Forklift Injuries
If you or someone you love has serious injuries from a forklift accident in New York, contact the local attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP. We can review your case for free, explain your rights and answer your legal questions. Your employer or another party may owe you financial compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact us online or call (914) 993-0393 today to request a case evaluation. We are here for you.