New York Elevator Injury Attorney
Building construction often involves elevators. Installing new elevators and repairing existing elevators both pose serious injury risks to workers. A worker or site visitor around the area could be at risk of falling down the empty elevator shaft and suffering deadly injuries. Even a low fall could cause a catastrophic injury such as a spinal cord injury and paralysis. If you have a serious injury from an unsafe elevator or a fall down an elevator shaft, contact Fiedler Deutsch, LLP to request a free consultation in New York. We are here to help you recover, while holding the right person accountable.
What Makes Fiedler Deutsch, LLP the Right Choice?
- We know how to handle traumatic events on behalf of our clients.
- We have respect for all of our clients and their unique needs and goals.
- We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience.
- We have a record of success that speaks volumes.
- We offer free, zero-obligation initial consultations in New York.
How Can an Elevator Injury Lawyer Help You?
Elevator accident cases in the construction industry involve many confusing laws. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), for example, has dozens of laws regarding the safe construction of elevators. If you are injured, it will be up to you or your attorney to navigate these laws in a way that will protect your rights as an accident victim. An attorney can assist you in your claim in many important ways.
- An attorney can take over the legwork of your case. Elevator accident claims can be extremely difficult to work up. An experienced attorney has the understanding of medicine, the technical aspects of elevators, and construction accident law for a strong case.
- An attorney can help with your medical care. The right lawyer will have relationships with doctors and specialists in New York, giving you access to the treatments you need.
- An attorney will have subject-matter experts on call to testify during your case. The right experts are critical to winning your case.
If you were on the fence about hiring an attorney after an injury from an unsafe elevator or shaft, discuss whether hiring one would be in your best interests. The attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can review the details of your case in detail during a free consultation in New York. We can come to you if your injuries prevent you from coming to us.
Why Do Elevators and Shaft Accidents Occur in New York?
Our personal injury lawyers know that most elevator and shaft accidents are preventable. We have years of experience handling construction accident claims of all types. As your attorneys, one of our first tasks will be to investigate your accident and determine why it occurred. Some common causes include:
- Negligent employers and site managers
- Lack of posted warning signs
- Unprotected elevator shaft openings
- Lack of guard rails or safety nets
- Construction companies cutting corners to save money
- Poorly inspected or maintained elevator equipment
- Lack of proper worker safety training
- Lack of protective gear, such as fall protection
- Elevator design or manufacturing defects
In many elevator accident cases, an employer or worker failed to follow a safety procedure, and this is what led to the injury. This could place liability with the construction company. In other cases, a piece of elevator equipment proves to be defective, placing liability with the manufacturer.
Discuss Your Elevator Injury With an Attorney Today
The lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP are here for you in your time of need. If you or a loved one has serious injuries from an unsafe elevator accident or a fall down an elevator shaft at a construction site, contact us for a free consultation. We will find out who is accountable for your injuries, and help you receive the financial compensation you deserve. We will help you protect your rights during an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit in New York. Contact our local lawyers today at (914) 993-0393.