Dutchess County Construction Accident Attorney
Construction accidents in Dutchess County, New York occur more often than they should, and can result in serious personal injuries. At Fiedler Deutsch, LLP, our construction accident attorneys in Beacon and Poughkeepsie are passionate about helping injured accident victims recover maximum compensation for their injuries and related damages. Contact us today to request a free initial legal consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers believe relationships matter. We take great pride in the relationships we build with our clients as well as the legal community.
- Our law firm has achieved great wins for our clients. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients through the use of highly qualified experts and a relentless work ethic.
- Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience in construction accident law. We understand how these cases work and how to accomplish our clients’ goals.
Construction Accident Laws in New York
Navigating a construction accident claim in New York will require at least a basic understanding of the state’s related laws. Hiring an attorney in Dutchess County to navigate these laws for you can improve your chances of obtaining maximum financial compensation. Our lawyers at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can help you file a claim against your employer or another party in pursuit of fair and full compensation.
- No-fault vs. fault claims: New York is one of the only no-fault states in the country. Under this rule, certain accidents will only allow victims to file first-party insurance claims rather than hold negligent parties responsible. However, if you have serious injuries from a construction accident, you can file a third-party claim to hold the responsible party accountable.
- Workers’ compensation: All injured construction workers in New York have the right to file workers’ compensation claims for no-fault benefits. While it is generally easier to obtain these benefits than to file a personal injury lawsuit, the latter could give you a greater and more complete compensatory award. Discuss your legal options with a lawyer before filing your claim.
- Comparative negligence: A common defense tactic during construction accident lawsuits is to claim the plaintiff’s comparative negligence, which could reduce your financial recovery by your percentage of fault for the accident or injury. New York is a pure comparative negligence state, meaning you could still recover even with 99% of the fault.
It is also important to note that New York’s statute of limitations only gives you three years from the date of your construction accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Missing this deadline could forfeit your right to file. Contact an attorney as soon as possible after a construction accident for an overview of your rights.
Common Causes of Construction Accident Injuries in Dutchess County
One of the first things we will do for you as your construction accident attorneys in Beacon or Poughkeepsie is to investigate the cause of your injury or illness. Our years of experience give us unique insights into the most dangerous elements of the average construction site for workers, drivers and pedestrians.
Common causes of construction injuries include:
- Construction company negligence
- Broken federal safety rules
- Negligent workers
- Poor training
- Transportation accidents
- Struck-by objects
- Machinery accidents
- Caught-in or between equipment or objects
- Hazardous materials
- Crane accidents
- Structural collapses
- Fires or explosions
- Acts of violence
Once we identify the cause of your construction accident, we will help you bring a claim against the correct at-fault party. Then, we will help you prove liability through evidence such as accident reports, photographs and accident reconstruction.
Call (914) 993-0393 for a Free Consultation in Dutchess County, NY
Do not forget that you have rights as the injured victim of a construction accident in Dutchess County, New York, and that our attorneys at Fiedler Deutsch, LLP can explain and protect them for you. We are reputable personal injury lawyers with decades of experience in construction accident law. Discuss your case in more detail with our attorneys at no charge today. Request your consultation online or by calling (914) 993-0393.